Does anyone have any idea when x11/cinnamon could be available as a package ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 21 18:36:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

I had a look at Mint Cinnamon and fell in love with it. This might arguably the most beautiful DE among the current generation.

I am eager to try out x11/cinnamon on my 12-current amd64 box. But I see no cinnamon meta-package listed in 'pkg search' results.

I tried building the port itself but the build fails with multiple "invalid transfer annotation" errors building muffin :

core/window.c:11356: Warning: Meta: invalid "transfer" annotation for
gboolean: only valid for array, struct, union, boxed, object and
interface types
compositor/meta-window-actor.c:887: Warning: Meta: invalid "transfer"
annotation for gint: only valid for array, struct, union, boxed, object
and interface types
core/display.c:5560: Warning: Meta: invalid "transfer" annotation for
gulong: only valid for array, struct, union, boxed, object and interface
types
<unknown>:: Fatal: Meta: warnings configured as fatal
<unknown>:: Fatal: Meta: warnings configured as fatal

gmake[5]: ***
[/usr/local/share/gobject-introspection-1.0/Makefile.introspection:156:
Meta-Muffin.0.gir] Error 1
gmake[5]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/x11-wm/muffin/work/muffin-2.4.4/src'
gmake[4]: *** [Makefile:1349: all-recursive] Error 1

I therefore have to wait for the package to become available. If anyone has anyone light to shed as to when this might happen, please do let me know.

Thank you.
Manish Jain