OT: mounting our GPT/UFS file system in Linux/Ubuntu

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Apr 18 11:23:36 UTC 2017

Hello,

It's somewhat off-topic asking Linux related questions here, but it's
between FreeBSD and Linux. Please be patient with me.

I have a disk which was partitioned with:

# gpart create -s gpt da2
da2 created
# gpart add -t freebsd-boot -s 512k -a4k -l extboot da2
da2p1 added
# gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptboot -i1 da2
partcode written to da2p1
bootcode written to da2
# gpart add -t freebsd-ufs -l  extrootfs -b 1m -s 16g da2
da2p2 added
# gpart add -t freebsd-swap -l extswap -a 1m -s 2g da2
da2p3 added
# gpart add -t freebsd-ufs -l  extbackupfs -a 1m da2
da2p4 added

# newfs -U -t /dev/gpt/extrootfs
# newfs -U -t /dev/gpt/extbackupfs

I know that Linux has some UFS support, but it want's to mount the full
partition as UFS and seems to not understand our GPT slicing...

How could I mount /dev/gpt/extbackupfs in Ubuntu?

Any hints?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045