hplip error: No module named sip

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 22:30:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have been using hplip with great comfort for over a year. But when I
tried to install my HP 1110 printer on my tertiary box with FreeBSD
Current (12, r316508), I get a strange error upon trying to run hp-setup
: "error: No module named sip".

To the best of my knowledge, the printer does not show up in the output
of usbconfig. If I remember correctly, this printer always shows up in
FreeBSD named as a device of either HP or Hewlett Packard. Which is even
more strange considering that, even on this box, CUPS recognizes the
printer and I managed to add a queue for it in the CUPS web interface.

What might be wrong ? Thanks for any help.
Manish Jain