Xorg font question

Thomas Dickey dickey at his.com
Thu Apr 13 00:20:16 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 02:21:49PM -0400, DTD wrote:
> I am using:
>
>   XTerm*faceName: Liberation Mono
>   XTerm*faceSize: 8
>
> in .Xdefaults. All the size *except* 8 display the underscore '_'.
> Szie 8 prints this as a blank. Is there a fix for this? Liberation
> Mono with 8 as a default works really well with my monitor so I can
> use <ctrl>right-click to choose the other sizes.
>
> Is there a fix? What are your favorite fonts. Vera Sans Mono does
> not size well for me. Ideas welcome. What I am using is okay/good
> except when writing python :)

It sounds as if the font is being clipped.

Changing the line-spacing may help.

man xterm -

       scaleHeight (class ScaleHeight)
               Scale line-height values by the resource value, which is
               limited to “0.9” to “1.5”.  The default value is “1.0”,

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at invisible-island.net>
http://invisible-island.net