Sox play freezes

Bertram Scharpf lists at bertram-scharpf.de
Fri Sep 2 09:06:04 UTC 2016

On Thursday, 01. Sep 2016, 18:21:56 -0400, Anton Yuzhaninov wrote:
> On 2016-09-01 17:29, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
> > my Sox play tool plays the file, then it freezes. The
> > remaining process does not answer on Ctrl-C nor on signal
> > TERM. It only can be removed by signal KILL.
>
> 1. Run
>
> procstat -k PID
>
> for frozen sox play

bsch at linda ~ % procstat -k 2440
  PID    TID COMM             TDNAME           KSTACK
 2440 100622 sox              -                mi_switch sleepq_switch sleepq_catch_signals sleepq_timedwait_sig _cv_timedwait_sig_sbt chn_write dsp_io_ops devfs_write_f dofilewrite kern_writev sys_write syscall Xint0x80_syscall

What does this tell me?

> 3. Try to play the same file with another tool, e. g. audio/wavplay

Where is 2.?

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf