Forgot to rebuild third-party software. Now what?

Tom Limoncelli tal at whatexit.org
Tue Oct 11 12:19:26 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Matt Smith <matt.xtaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 10 15:47, Tom Limoncelli wrote:
>

>> Suggestions on how to get out of this corner?  I'm pretty stuck.  I'm not
>> even sure if I should reboot.
>>

> Try either running pkg-static instead of just pkg which is statically
> linked without any shared libraries. Or alternatively try /usr/sbin/pkg
> bootstrap -f which should bootstrap it from the repo.

Wow!  That worked great!  I did:

#  pkg bootstrap -f
#  pkg upgrade

Everything is back to normal!

My suggestion is that the upgrade announcement indicate how to rebuild the
third-party software.  Listing "pkg upgrade (or the equiv portmaster
command)" would help the average person.

Thanks, Matt!  That saved my butt!
Tom