FIXED - nvidia driver config change overlooked

Antonio Bemfica antonio.bemfica at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 22:07:32 UTC 2016

It took me an hour so to figure out what had broken X on my system, so here
it is in case it can be useful to others (the list is archived, no...)

Run "pkg upgrade" and upgraded a couple of dozen packages - after a later
reboot X would hang. Tried to revert some of the xfce packages (some
cryptic xfce messages on the console let me to think that was the cause)
but that didn't do it.

nvidia-driver had also been upgraded. Changing the entry on
/boot/loader.conf from

nvidia_load="YES"

nvidia-modeset_load="YES"

Fixed the problem. This was of course, noted on the package notes, and
you're supposed to read them when upgrading :)

A.