Can't upgrade ports, undefined symbol error in Python 2.7 _io.so when compiling

Karl Vogel vogelke at pobox.com
Mon Oct 10 21:20:59 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 11:04:32AM -0700, Scott Schappell wrote:
> ===>  Building for jsoncpp-1.7.7
> SCons import failed. Unable to find engine files in:
>   /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/scons-2.5.0
>   /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/scons-2.5.0

  If you have two separate versions of python installed, maybe you're
  mixing their files.  Make sure that $PYTHONPATH, $PYTHONHOME and
  sys.path only contain folders for a single Python installation.
  In your case, one installation is in /usr/local and the other is
  probably in /usr.

  See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27383054/ for more.

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

Is There a Ring of Debris around Uranus?  --actual news headline, 2002