Hi, a dual booting question

Trond Endrestøl Trond.Endrestol at fagskolen.gjovik.no
Wed Oct 5 17:38:57 UTC 2016

On Wed, 5 Oct 2016 14:09+0100, Olaoluwa Omokanwaiye wrote:

> Please I am have a little trouble dual booting xubuntu 16.04 and
> FreeBSD 10.3 I have successfully installed both, xubuntu first then
> the FreeBSD but on powering the system only the xubuntu comes up.
> How can I make the FreeBSD show up so I can select.

What's your partitioning scheme? MBR or GPT?

In the case of the former you could install FreeBSD's small
boot manager, /boot/boot0.

The command:

  gpart -b /boot/boot0 ada0

should accomplish this. Adjust the command to suit the name of your
harddrive, it could be da0 or something else like mfisyspd0.

Hopefully xubuntu won't complain.

In the case of the latter, have a look at the various EFI boot
managers available. rEFInd and GRUB 2 comes to mind.

Others will probably correct me if I said anything wrong.

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |