Microsoft announced it is joining The Linux Foundation?

Luciano Mannucci luciano at vespaperitivo.it
Fri Nov 18 16:39:47 UTC 2016

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 17:12:15 +0100
Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:

> If a
> user does use Linux for good reason, because FreeBSD doesn't provide
> what's needed, it's idiotic to migrate to FreeBSD, just because most
> important distros migrated to systemd.
Well, say if the user did choose linux over FreeBSD because at that
time in the past it did'nt but now it does provide what is still neded,
it is certainly questionable (not always idiotic) to migrate a bunch
of servers *just* because some linux distros switched to systemd. It
might be the last of a serie of reasons, maybe not the only one. :)

BTW, wich "important" distros did not? (Just out of curiosity, if I
may ask... :)

Cheers,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250