Microsoft announced it is joining The Linux Foundation?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Nov 18 16:14:07 UTC 2016

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 09:59:25 -0600 (CST), Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>binary logs

I'm not a fan of systemd, but I can live with it. The binary systemd
logs are idiotic, but not really an annoyance. What are you missing, if
you access those logs with the "strings" command?

Distros that use plain systemd for init, instead of hybrids, aren't
confusing at all.

Not all important distros migrated to systemd, so users aren't forced
to use it.

No Linux user is forced to use dbus, pulseaudio or other unwanted
software. It's even possible to use udev and keep kernel name schemes.

However, if somebody is a FreeBSD user for good reasons, because
FreeBSD provides, what Linux doesn't, it's smart to use FreeBSD. If a
user does use Linux for good reason, because FreeBSD doesn't provide
what's needed, it's idiotic to migrate to FreeBSD, just because most
important distros migrated to systemd.

Regards,
Ralf