How to set delta pixels change to detect mouse movement

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Nov 8 04:52:44 UTC 2016

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 11:04:19 -0700, jd1008 wrote:
> Some gui apps have very thin bordered windows, so thin that if I want to
> enlarge of shrink the window, I find it impossible to position the
> cursor exactly on the spot of the border of that window in order to get
> the resizing to take place.
>
> Is there a setting I can place in ~/.Xdefaults  so that I can set the
> delta movement small enough in order to capture the edge of the boarder
> and resize the window?

Do it like "us old people": Press ALT, click RIGHT. :-)

If you press Alt, hold down the right mouse key, and move the mouse,
you can resize the window. Similarly, you can move the window by
pressing the Alt key, holding down the _left_ mouse key, and then
move the mouse - very useful for windows that do not have a title
bar that you can use.

This functionality is present in X for decades. I use it every day
because it is _very_ convenient and seems to work everywhere.

Yes, that is not the exact answer to your question, but probably
a solution for your problem. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany