Possible bug with SCTP and iperf3?

Manas Bhatnagar b.manas.88 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 18:57:19 UTC 2016

Hello Eduardo :)

> How do you run the server? Had you a log file? Did you run it as root? Try:

The server was run as root using 'iperf3 -s'

>Didn't -P for tcp/udp connections only for emulate sctp multistream capability? AFAIK you don't need both.

Yeah, I can't claim to know what I was doing when I ran those
commands. You're probably right about not needing both. I saw the
arguments in the manual and thought I'd try some of them out (though,
in retrospect, I really should not have been running the server as
root).

Unfortunately the system that was running this is currently performing
other tasks and I can't risk a reboot. I will try to find another
system that I can test on and get back to you.

Thanks for you response,
Manas