回复:Re: some confusion in socket(2)

Teng Zhang unixreader at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 03:02:17 UTC 2016

ok, i see that. That is to say, this kind of socket just refer to the network layer protocol such as the arp,icmp,ip protocols rather than transport layer protocols such as tcp protool.

  在 2016年3月23日周三 时间:1:37,Lowell Gilbert<freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> 写道:   Teng Zhang via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> writes:

> hello, in socket(2), the following sentence:         SOCK_RAW sockets
> provide access to internal network protocols and interfaces.My
> confusion is what are included in the range of "internal network
> protocols and interfaces". Could you please tell me the answer or
> where i can find relevant information.

Raw sockets are nothing more than IP sockets without a transport
protocol associated. Routing daemons and ping, for example, use raw
sockets to directly control packet headers.