freebsd-update problem

andrew clarke mail at ozzmosis.com
Thu Mar 10 12:28:42 UTC 2016

On Thu 2016-03-10 07:08:15 UTC-0500, Carmel (carmel_ny at outlook.com) wrote:

> I recently installed FreeBSD 11-0 current on a new machine. Now, when I
> attempt to run "freebsd-update fetch", I receive the following error
> message.
>
> src component not installed, skipped
> Fetching public key from update5.freebsd.org ... failed
> (above repeated several times with different URLs)
> No mirrors remaining, giving up.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

>From the freebsd-update man page:

"Note that updates are only available if they are being built for the
FreeBSD release and architecture being used; in particular, the
FreeBSD Security Team only builds updates for releases shipped in
binary form by the FreeBSD Release Engineering Team, e.g., FreeBSD
9.3-RELEASE and FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE, but not FreeBSD 9.3-STABLE or
FreeBSD 11-CURRENT."