Undeliverable: Re: sh[it] and What am I missing here?

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Mon Jun 6 09:35:24 UTC 2016

On 06/05/16 21:35, Jon Radel wrote:
> On 6/5/16 9:13 PM, Baho Utot wrote:
>> On 06/05/16 20:25, jd1008 wrote:
>>> so we stop getting these spams from that server???
>>> And while you're at it, unsub any user at snaffler.net
>>> It is a spamming server.
>>>

>> I am curious.
>>
>> Can you describe how a user subscribed to the above spam server inject
>> the spam into this message list?
> They didn't.  Why are you under the impression that they did?

Because I don't know enough about the problem.  That is why I asked the
question.

>> Don't go into this in detail just from a 50,000 foot level
>> I would just like to know how that happens so I can get my head around
>> that.
>>
>> I get the spam too but it looks like it comes just to me and is not on
>> the mailing list so I don't see how this can happen
> Nasty/non-existent/fake/sock-puppet person subscribes to list.
> Naturally the subscribed address gets all messages sent to the list.
> After that it is rather simple:
>
> Look at From: address on a message.
> Send nasty stuff to it.
>
> I see no evidence of, or any claims of, other than yours, that anything
> is being sent to the list.

I don't claim anything other that not understanding how this happens.
But I am beginning to see how it happens.  At a high rate of speed ( Yep
a whole .25 mph in a 70 mph speed zone).

>> Oh boy I am in for more spam just by asking this question... I can't
>> wait ;^)
>>

> Of course.

Yea!!!!!!!! beat me with a stick! ;^{)