Losing network connectivity - Is there a virus on my system ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 22:47:51 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 4:00 AM, Dutch Ingraham <stoa at gmx.us> wrote:
Sounds like a timeout; have you checked whether there is a re-leasing problem (if you are using dhcp, that is)?

It's strange. After I wrote to freebsd-questions, the FreeBSD box has generally remained connected,  except for once when rebooting FreeBSD (into FreeBSD itself, not XP) fixed the problem.

I am not using DHCP, at least for my IPv4 address. About IPv6, I have no idea. The relevant line in rc.conf is :

ifconfig_re0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"

Even if I were using DHCP, 'service netif restart' should logically take care of the re-leasing.

Thanks for replying.
Manish Jain