Upgrading 10.3 -> 11

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 25 09:29:58 UTC 2016

On 07/25/16 08:49, krad wrote:
> got this working over the weekend and setup my own custom repo for my
> builds, and tested with a few jails. All went well so far, and this is
> going to be a much better way to upgrade my low powered kit in the future,
> rather than mounting the src and obj dirs all over the place from the build
> box. Thanks for the good work.

Note that at the moment there is some stuff missing from the base system
packages -- mostly files for /etc or /usr/share.  This will likely cause
problems if you attempt to /install/ a system using packages, but if
you're upgrading something that worked previously, (especially if it was
already running 11.0 before you package-ized it), you'll probably be OK.

	Cheers,

	Matthew