borderline OT fireox question

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Jul 15 17:51:28 UTC 2016

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 12:03:26 -0500 (CDT), Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>On Fri, July 15, 2016 11:54 am, Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions
>wrote:
>> Safe browsing requires to check every URL you visit, with the Google
>> data base. Google knows the IP, the window size, the Firefox version
>> etc., the sites you vist. With all the other data they own,
>
>!!!
>
>> they could
>> identify you by name, but they are not interested in doing it.
>
>Says who?

This perhaps become to off-topic for this mailing list. The assumption
roughly speaking is, that nowadays the interest of Google is money, not
a pogrom or something similar. More likely than misuse of data
regarding e.g. racism, nowadays is misuse e.g. regarding health
insurance funds and this not especially regarding individuals, but
regarding in what area of your home town most sportsman and in what
area most smokers are living. In Germany mail order business already
cared about areas were many people who are insolvent lived, before we
had the Internet. So you perhaps were credible, but most of your
neighbours perhaps were not, if so they didn't sell you products.
Germany perhaps had the best data protection that time, but anyway
statistics already were misused.