Any idea why freebsd.org is using PayPal for donations ?

Chad Leigh Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Wed Jul 13 18:00:45 UTC 2016

No. You get the $1 back.  They don't complete or confirm or close it.  It is just an authorization.  They do it to make sure the card data is valid, for better or worse.

I don't like PP either, I agree with you there.  But the $1 authorization will fall off your card eventually when the authorization expires.

Chad

Sent from my iPhone