How to make smooth USB access available to Virtualbox vm

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Jul 5 06:32:34 UTC 2016

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 08:10:49 +0200, CeDeROM wrote:
> The USB support on VirtualBox is highly unreliable and version
> dependant - it works with some releases and with some releases it does
> not work as expected - not only on FreeBSD (I also use OSX version).
> This is really annoying when USB stops working after an update to a
> new version and you depend on this USB access with your work :-(

Just an idea:

Why not mount the USB stick on the FreeBSD host system (or even
have Gnome automount it), then make the mount directory accessible
to the "Windows" guest through localhost FTP, localhost SAMBA, or
another means of virtual network?

It sounds so stupid - it could actually work! ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany