Hosts

JosC bsduser at cloudzeeland.nl
Sun Feb 28 15:48:50 UTC 2016

In een bericht van 28-2-2016 11:17:
> No because domain names are global in scope while MAC addresses are
> local.

Mac addresses are unique (you can fake/clone them but that is another
topic discussion) - imho they therefore can be used globally as well?
But saying that, it is in my case not a problem to use them locally as
the issue concerns my local network.

> You can set up DHCP to issue fixed addresses based on MAC.
I do use DHCP and fixed combined. Using this I am familiar with; my
issue is identifying hardware in a network that is partitially using DHCP.

Thanks,
Jos Chrispijn