CCACHE and openJDK issues

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Sat Feb 27 13:23:44 UTC 2016

I recently started using CCACHE on my systems to speed up builds. I ma
having a problem now trying to build openjdk8.

I have the following in /etc/make.conf

# Enable CCACHE
WITH_CCACHE_BUILD= yes
.if !defined(NO_CCACHE)
   CC=  /usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/cc
   CXX= /usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/c++
.endif
.if ${.CURDIR:M*/ports/devel/ccache}
   NO_CCACHE= yes
.endif

I have verified that /usr/ports/java/openjdk8/Makefile contains
NO_CCACHE= yes

But when I try to build openjdk8, I get the following failure.

checking for cc... /usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/cc
configure: Resolving CC (as /usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/cc) failed,
using /usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/cc directly.
checking resolved symbolic links for CC...
/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/ccache
checking if CC is disguised ccache... yes, trying to find proper C
compiler
checking for cc... cc
configure: Rewriting PROPER_COMPILER_CC to
"/usr/local/libexec/ccache/cc"
checking for resolved symbolic links for CC... /usr/local/bin/ccache
configure: The C compiler (located as /usr/local/bin/ccache) does not
seem to be the required GCC compiler.
configure: The result from running with --version was: "ccache version
3.2.4"
configure: error: GCC compiler is required. Try setting
--with-tools-dir.
configure exiting with result code 1
===>  Script "../../configure" failed unexpectedly.

It appears that I must have missed something in my /etc/make.conf,
causing it to not honor the NO_CCACHE definition, anyone know what I am
doing wrong?

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer