Help. Pretty please?

Michael B. Eichorn ike at michaeleichorn.com
Wed Feb 17 04:05:06 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-02-17 at 02:26 +0000, Tee Bee via freebsd-questions wrote:
>  do y'all help people whose confusers are running on your stuff? I
> have an old Mac thats running Darwin Kernel version 10. 8 or
> something like that anyway. & I get stuck at the blue screen. I think
> its a permission issue in a folder I just don't know what folder or
> how to get to it. Im not a developer; a 53 year old house wife with a
> 10 year old Mac that I just want to have working again. Can you guys
> help me with your stuff and get it booting again?       Thank you in
> advance for your kind response.
> Tee

Are you sure you are in the correct place?

This is a mailing list for the open source FreeBSD Operating System.
Darwin and OSX contain some FreeBSD code and therefore contain
associated FreeBSD copyright notices and documentation, however they
are not FreeBSD or FreeBSD supported.

In particular the kernels are substantially different (FreeBSD uses the
FreeBSD kernel not Darwin), as such we cannot help with a Darwin kernel
panic (which I am guessing is what you mean by 'blue screen').

You will need to contact your operating system vendor or community for
help on a problem like this.

Best of Luck.