Switch from legacy to UEFI boot??

krad kraduk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 21:14:45 UTC 2016

*you will need a small efi partition on the b*oot drive. You should still
have the option to bios boot as well.

here is a layout from one of my systems. You can see I trimmed the space
from swap

$ gpart show ada0
=>       34  117231341  ada0  GPT  (56G)
         34       1024     1  freebsd-boot  (512K)
       1058          6        - free -  (3.0K)
       1064     262144     2  efi  (128M)
     263208    3932154     4  freebsd-swap  (1.9G)
    4195362  113036013     3  freebsd-zfs  (54G)