korrektur 4 attempt sdb Fwd: can not read with ls -lsar but loader work Re: performed- Fwd: 2-Fwd: You have made error ...#### dd if=FreeBSD-11-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img of=/dev/sdb1 bs=1M conv=sync

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Sat Dec 31 17:09:29 UTC 2016

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016, swjatoslaw gerus wrote:

> can not read with ls -lsar but loader  work
>
> in 1 attempt some 2 days before in version
> 11.0  bs=1m sdb1  -invalid argument

Yes, of course.  "1m" and "sdb1" are both wrong, as has been explained.
I'm beginning to think this is intentional.

> 2 attempt  11.0 bs=1048576  sdb1 dd succes but can not start

Correct, that is expected.  It will not boot because it is inside a
partition rather than at the start of the disk because you used "sdb1".

> 3 attempt( 11 as in your  suggest from multiple author) -file not exist

No idea on this.

> 4 attempt 11.0 bs=1048576  sdb  dd succes can not see with ls -lsar
> after

Or this.

>   mount in /mnt  ... can see with more

Either a Linux partition or maybe something else.  Last I knew, Linux
did not support native UFS mounting.

> poweroff
> plug in
> poweron
> loader started asked about auto/manual  partion

Not sure how this would matter.  When earlier steps are done wrong,
later steps are not expected to work.