Unable to install xorg

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 17 12:14:52 UTC 2016

> I have installed FreeBSD 11.0 and have been reading the handbook so that
> I understand what I am doing.
> Now when it comes time to install xorg I get errors and stops doing
> its thing.

Hi Harold,

That should not happen. I assume you ran 'pkg install xorg', which
should finish nicely in 1-2 hours once you accept the installation.

If you are facing problems, can you please provide the exact command and
errors output ? Can you install anything at all ? The following is a
good way to check whether the basic pkg system is okay :

pkg install bash

That will install the bash shell, which you can use as your default
shell if you then issue the command :

chsh- s /usr/local/bin/bash

If you cannot install bash, then something is seriously wrong : perhaps
your disk is full. Check that with 'df -h'. If you can provide
specifics, you will get all the help you need at this forum.

Regards
Manish Jain