FreeBSD 11 and AMD RX 480 GPU

Dave dcbdbis at centurylink.net
Wed Dec 7 05:25:37 UTC 2016

Good evening all,

I have removed my NVidia card in my system, and replaced it with the
subject GPU. On the wiki, it does not list my card, and the wiki seems
to be a tad old - thus this email. When I re-install FreeBSD 11, what
kind of graphics support will I have? VESA? Or?  Basically, what can I
expect? The AMDGPU(open source) package seems to work in the Linux world
when I boot a live CD for testing. But I don't have a live CD for
FreeBSD that uses a desktop - and thus graphics.

Thanks!

Dave