Is it necessary to reinstall OS upon motherboard change?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:12:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

Because of certain problems I am experiencing with my hardware, I am
planning to move to another motherboard + CPU. Just out of curiosity, I
wished to enquire - is it possible to use an existing FreeBSD
installation despite change of MB + CPU ? In the Windows world, that is
pretty much impossible, but on FreeBSD the possibilities don't appear
that bad to me. (My hard disk and graphics card will remain unaltered).

Thanks for any inputs.
Manish Jain