hw.psm.tap_enable=0 has no effect

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 09:16:49 UTC 2016

> On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 12:44:34 +0200
> David Demelier <demelier.david at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > According to psm(4) actually this is only supported on Synaptics
>> > touchpads with Extended support disabled.
>> > Check the value of hw.psm.synaptics_support to see if you have it
>> > enabled.
>> >

>> Yep,
>>
>> I've also added hw.psm.synaptics_support=1 also in the
>> /boot/loader.conf. Most of the features work like vertical scrolling.
>> Two finger scroll does not work though.
>>

> Wait, hw.psm.synaptics_support must be set to 0 to disable Extended
> support. For the two finger scrolling issue give a look here:
> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/53720/

Ah okay, I've misread this. I thought it was needed. I wonder why
synaptics support must be disabled. I will check within the synaptics
tunable if there is still a way to disable the tap button.

I've also already seen this topic, they say that finger scroll is
enabled by default on their machines, it's weird that on mine two
finger scroll sysctl variable is set to 0.

My touchpad fully support two finger scrolling though.

If I can't get this I'll try the xf86-input-synaptics driver instead.

--
Demelier David