How to disable gnome3 hotspot

Frank Shute frank at woodcruft.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 10:23:40 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 05:16:10AM +0000, Manish Jain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using gnome3 desktop environment on my FreeBSD 10.3 desktop system. I
> am fairly certain that there would be others who have been greatly
> disconcerted by the topleft Hot Corner. It drives me nuts whenever my
> mouse accidentally touches the topleft corner.

<snip>

Hi Manish,

I'm afraid I'm not a Gnome user, so I can only help indirectly.

I would in your position, subscribe and send your mail to the freebsd-gnome@
list. I reckon you'd probably get a better informed answer than on questions@
about what is/is not possible with Gnome on FreeBSD. Also just lurking on that
list you may become aware of features in Gnome that you may have missed.

Be aware though, often a feature that you find hateful a number of people
might find entirely wonderful and a non-issue. That tends to dictate if it
gets any developer time.

Hopefully, somebody shares your views and has found/developed a fix.

In the worst case scenario: at least you've made your views known on that
particular feature of Gnome.

Regards,

--

Frank