Playing Blu-Ray Discs

Eduardo Morras emorrasg at yahoo.es
Wed Aug 17 10:15:48 UTC 2016

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 11:42:45 +0200
Bernt Hansson <bah at bananmonarki.se> wrote:

> On 2016-08-17 10:51, Eduardo Morras via freebsd-questions wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 19:10:40 +0200
> > Bernt Hansson <bah at bananmonarki.se> wrote:

> >> That's not going to happen in a foreseeable future i.e never.
> >>
> >> HDCP is the problem, and i do not think the freebsd community has
> >> cracked that yet.
> > It's forbidden to publish any work about craking HDCP.
> No, it is not forbidden to publish any crack for HDCP.
>
> http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Blu-ray-HDMI-HDCP-Digilent-FPGA,14105.html

You're semi-right, it's in USA and associates under DMCA where you can be sued, but EU and others not because on EU, it's "fair use" and allows competence be compatible. Again, no global answer.

https://www.wired.com/2010/09/intel-threatens-consumers/
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/01/warner-bros-sues-hd-fury-over-boxes-that-can-copy-4k-video/

---   ---
Eduardo Morras <emorrasg at yahoo.es>