Best way to search questions list archives

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at calorieking.com
Mon Aug 15 03:13:27 UTC 2016

On 12/08/16 20:06, Ernie Luzar wrote:
> The key word here is "search" everything or everything by selected year.

Occasionally I start work on a new project (e.g. reinstalling a Soekris
machine we have here) and want to do some arbitrary searching of its
mailing list archives. If the work is worth it, I write a script to
download all of the archives with something like wget, and ingest them
into a folder in Thunderbird. Then they're available for very quick
searching using all of TB's power, plus I can subscribe to said list for
ongoing additions to that folder.