freebsd-update's "Fetching patches" phase?

Vlad K. vlad-fbsd at acheronmedia.com
Sat Aug 13 14:46:43 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-13 16:24, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> Not sure why you're getting so many 404s for your update from
> 11.0-BETA4
> to 11.0-RC1 -- probably I'd give it a day or so and then try again.

It's actually been like this with B2 -> B3, B3 -> B4 and now B4 -> RC1.

Otherwise freebsd-update does not error-out or anything. It just tries
all those patches and continues with "Fetching files", and the rest of
the process is normal. I've bumped several machines to 11.0-RC1 now
(through B2, B3 and B4) and it all works fine.

--

Vlad K.