Will installing a separate graphics card restore normal graphics ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 05:25:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

The X server under FreeBSD is not giving normal graphics with my new AMD
A6-6400K processor + Asus A68HM motherboard with onboard ATI Radeon 8470
graphics. A lot of the text of Gnome's Applications menu list  is
missing and strange streaks appear at a few places on the screen.

Would it help if I were to install a separate graphics card ? I have no
idea whether it is possible to disable the onboard graphics adapter, but
if that is possible, I can try using a dedicated VGA card.

Thanks for any advice.
Manish Jain