Strange Problem with pkg

John Kent jkent3rd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 05:14:37 UTC 2016

I've been trying to perform some pkg upgrades.

'pkg update' completes with no issues.
'pkg update -f' completes with no issues.
'pkg upgrade' aborts however with an assertion failure:

Assertion failed: (strcmp(uid, p->uid) != 0), function
pkg_conflicts_check_local_path, file pkg_jobs_conflicts.c, line 399.

I've captured the output of 'pkg upgrade -f' to get the list of packages
that are to be upgraded and performed the upgrades manually on each package
and can now identify (python27) the package that bombs.  But I don't have
an idea of what to try next.

Any ideas?

Regards,
John