can not connect to www.freebsd.org or IP addr 8.8.178.110 port 80

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Aug 1 18:42:03 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have some FreeBSD CURRENT netbooks and one Ubuntu in my WLAN, the WAN
IP addr is 88.217.112.246 (as shown by http://myip.nl/ )

none of the WLAN workstations can reach www.freebsd.org at port 80;
the command

telnet www.freebsd.org 80

shows resolving to the IP addr 8.8.178.110, but does not connect; a
tcpdump shows only SYN pkg going out to  8.8.178.110 but no SYN answer
is coming in. This is as far as I can see the only side which is not
reachable, all other port 80, 443 and SSH 22 to anywhere is just fine;

Any ideas what could be wrong? I'm afraid, when I contact my ISP (a
German local telephone provider) they will ask me if I have the latest
Win7 patch installed ... :-)

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
"Wer übersieht, dass wir uns den anderen weggenommen haben und sie uns wiederhaben wollen,