How to install packages from local storage?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 1 02:17:10 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 7:29 AM, Ultima <ultima1252 at gmail.com> wrote:
Another solution, though I have not tried this, have the labtops mount a nfs on /var/cache/pkg they will share the pkg's they download, though it may not be the best or safest solution.

Does that mean (presuming /var/cache/pkg on all laptops is mounted via NFS to somewhere on the network), I just have to run 'pkg install gnome3' and the gnome3 pkg will be accessed from /var/cache/pkg rather than being downloaded ?

If that works, then why not just copy local.sqlite (I think this is /var/db/pkg) on the first system, and paste it on the other laptops ?

I also see that pkg has a command 'add'. What is that for ?