How to build and install only ntp from base?

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:28:24 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Reko Turja via freebsd-questions <
freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:

> As nothing else has changed with the latest 10.3 except ntp I'd love to
> compile only that. I just can't find the right incantation for starting the
> compile -  make <ntpd|build|compile> just tells me that <target> is up to
> date.
>
> What command should I use to compile ntp stuff only - or should I just
> fire up the version from ports?
>
> -Reko

It may be necessary first to use

make clean

if there is "clean" target in the make file .

If there is no clean target in make file . delete *.o files , executable
and library files  to cause rebuild again .

Moving the necessary executable and library  files into a save directory
may be useful in case of failed make build .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk