(no subject)

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Mon Apr 25 13:58:11 UTC 2016

On 4/25/16 9:34 AM, Dewey Rahn wrote:
> I finally got the dvr to install on a hard drive and figured out a lot.
> I do not do command prompt. How to I get it to start up to the home
> screen?

While it is possible to run X-Windows in general, and probably possible
to run X-Windows on your particular hardware, FreeBSD strikes me as an
odd choice for somebody determined not to use a CLI at all.  Have you
considered a variant such as GhostBSD or PC-BSD Desktop?  They're more
oriented towards an out-of-the-box GUI experience.

[Mention of those two pretty random, there are others, and I don't use
any of them so have no opinion on which might be best.]

--Jon Radel
jon at radel.com