Does HP DeskJet 1112 work with lpd on FreeBSD 10.2 amd64 ?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Apr 23 17:01:47 UTC 2016

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 19:40:28 +0530, Manish Jain wrote:
> My /etc/rc.conf does have :
>
> cupsd_enable="YES"
>
> So I presume cupsd is getting started at boot time.

Don't presume. Verify. :-)

> This is what I have in /usr/local/etc/cups/cupsd.conf :
>
> LogLevel info
>
> # Administrator user group...
> SystemGroup wheel
>
> # Listen for connections on Port 631.
> Port 631
> #Listen localhost:631
> Listen /var/run/cups.sock

Those lines should probably be the following:

	Listen localhost:631
	Listen /var/run/cups.sock

That's probably the reason why you cannot access the CUPS web interface.
Keep in mind there are also CLI tools: lpadmin, cupsenable, cupsaccept
and so on.

I got a HP Deskjet F380 all-in-one working with CUPS few years ago, and
all components (even the scanner) work. Make sure CUPS is actually really
running. There's also a /var/log/cups directory with log files where you
can check the events.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany