About different ABI between gcc and clang

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 14:06:43 UTC 2016

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 5:04 AM, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am looking at this page:
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/BuildFarm/FreeBsdInstall
>
> There is something that I don't quite understand and would appreciate the
> help of the experts, like Matthew:-)
>
> <quote>
> due to different ABI between gcc and clang, libcppunit needs to be
> installed twice, one with the g++ ABI and one with clang's. The default
> compiler for freebsd-9 is gcc; to setup the version for clang, configure it
> as  CC=clang35 CXX=clang++35 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/clang-abi
> </quote>
>
> Can someone explain that portion to me? What is the writer suggesting I do?
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
> Nairobi,KE
> +254 7 3200 0004/+254 7 2274 3223
> "Oh, the cruft."

This means clang should be installed in its own directory , not in an upper
, common directory because its files to install have conflicts with the
files in upper directory of --prefix= , for example , they have the same
name but with different structure , i.e. , they are not compliant .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk