IPFW rules

sathiyaraj v sathiyarajmca at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 16:09:54 UTC 2016

Hi Team,

           I want to understand the IP firewall rules. Consider the below
rule

ipfw allow tcp/udp from any to me

What this rule will do? what "me" refers here? Is it IP address of my
system that apply firewall rules? or MAC address of the interface?

I am using 4.2 freebsd stack.

I am trying to deny the packets which doesn't contain the IP and port of my
destiantion.

My source IP is 171.21.47.100
My  Destination IP is : 171.21.47.128

I want to deny the tcp/udp packets which does not contain destination IP?
What rule should I use to deny the packets?

Already I have tried to configure the flags ACCEPT ,DSTMSK, dstip and port
number as well. But the packets are not getting dropped.
Can you please help me to achieve the above scenario? What flag I need to
set to achieve this?

if you want the source code of my rule setting I can share.

Thanks in advance.

Sathya.