Stuggling with 3.5.16 on FreeBSD-9.3

krad kraduk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 18:04:15 UTC 2016

I'm running 3.5.9 fine with Ssl bump. But I don't use Kerberos. Remember to
pkg lock it after you do have it built though, otherwise a pkg upgrade will
trash it with a prebuilt non Sal bump version 8(
On 14 Apr 2016 12:24, "Odhiambo Washington" <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:

On 14 April 2016 at 12:50, krad <kraduk at gmail.com> wrote:

> The ports version cant do ssl-bump as its doesnt have --enable-ssl-crtd
> enabled last time i looked. I have to manually do it as well on some of my
> systems then lock the package.
>
> Is there any reason to stay at 9.3 and not goto 10.3 as that is the stable
> release, where as 9.3 is legacy?
>

> On 14 April 2016 at 08:20, Arthur Chance <freebsd at qeng-ho.org> wrote:

>> the

>> http://flashback.sorbs.net/packages/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9.3-release/www/squid-3.5.6.tbz

>> the

>> > The ports has squid-3.3.x  instead of 3.5.16.
>> > And I don't like the precompiled packages because the options used quite
>> > often doesn't match what I want.
>>
>> Are you talking about ports or pre-built packages? 3.5.16 *is* the
>> current version of squid in ports:
>>
>> > head -5 /usr/ports/www/squid/Makefile
>> # $FreeBSD: head/www/squid/Makefile 412410 2016-04-02 15:13:35Z riggs $
>>
>> PORTNAME=       squid
>> PORTVERSION=    3.5.16
>> CATEGORIES=     www ipv6

Noted! I always thought that www/squid remained at 2.7.9 :-)

Hi guys,

How do I ensure that the Kerberos / krb5 libraries available on my system
are up to date ???
I believe that would make me move in the right direction.

@krad - I could do that 9.3->10.3 upgrade, but it's not urgent. I will
consider doing it soon though. Right now getting ssl-bump is what is of
priority.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,