building linux ports with x11/nvidia-driver-340 instead of x11/nvidia-driver

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Sun Apr 10 03:23:40 UTC 2016

On 08/04/2016 16:39, Vikash Badal wrote:
> On 07/04/2016 20:21, RW via freebsd-questions wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 19:30:35 +0200
>> maxnix wrote:
>>
>> This makes it depend on  x11/nvidia-driver, when the question as about
>> making it depend on the  x11/nvidia-driver-340 legacy driver port.
>>

>> As far as the port dependency installation is concerned it shouldn't
>> make any difference
>>
>> NVIDIA_GL_RUN_DEPENDS=${LINUXBASE}/usr/lib/libGL.so.1:x11/nvidia-driver
>>
>> so if x11/nvidia-driver-340 has already installed libGL.so.1 then it
>> wont try to install x11/nvidia-driver to satisfy the dependency.
>>
>> This used to work with pkg-tools, I'm not sure what happens with
>> pkg. It'll probably complain, but it's worth a try.
>
> Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm building via poudriere

x11/nvidia-driver is the master port that contains all the build info
for installing all nvidia drivers. When you build from
nvidia-driver-340 it sets two variables and then uses the master
Makefile to do all the work. You can work with this to make
nvidia-driver install the version you want.

Add the following to the make.conf for your poudriere build - see man
poudriere under customisation for info on make.conf file names. You can
also add it to /etc/make.conf for manual port builds.

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/x11/nvidia-driver*}
DISTVERSION=	340.93
PKGNAMESUFFIX=	-340
.endif

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler