building linux ports with x11/nvidia-driver-340 instead of x11/nvidia-driver

maxnix maxnix.bsd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:30:43 UTC 2016

Il giorno Thu, 7 Apr 2016 16:04:43 +0200
Vikash Badal <vikashb at where-ever.za.net> ha scritto:

> Greetings
>
> can anyone assist ?
>
> I am trying to build the following ports using x11/nvidia-driver-340
> instead of x11-nvidia-driver :
> emulators/linux-c6
> x11-toolkits/linux-c6-qt47-x11
> graphics/linux-c6-glx-utils
> net-im/skype4
>

> Is the a knob that i can add to allow me to use the older driver ?
>
> Thanks
> Vikash

Look at the Freshports page for net-im/linux-c6:
https://www.freshports.org/emulators/linux-c6/
In the "Configuration Options" section there is
	NVIDIA_GL=off: libGL support via nvidia-driver
that is the default. Set this to
	NVIDIA_GL=on
to add support with the nvidia driver. (Note: net-im/linux-c6 is a
meta-port, that is a collection of many other single ports grouped
together; so if you choose to compile net-im/linux-c6 with
NVIDIA_GL=on, all these ports will be compiled with this option
enabled).

For net-im/skype4 there is no such option like this, but, apart that,
the port is marked as Broken
(https://www.freshports.org/faq.php#broken), so it will not compile
anyway. You can use net-im/skype instead, that has the NVIDIA_GL
switch too.

Maxnix