invalid chunk added : please help me fix it

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 6 06:54:03 UTC 2016

On 06/04/2016 06:16, BBlister wrote:
> I rm'ed the empty file pkg.conf  and now it seems that the above messages
> have disappeared. I am not sure how the pkg.conf was emptied in the first
> place. It used to work for many months without any problems.
>
> On another FreeBSD machine that I had the same exact warning messages and
> had some entries in the pkg.conf (attached bellow), I again rm'ed the file
> and this upgrade works smoothly. Both machines are FreeBSD 9.3-STABLE.

An empty pkg.conf should not generate errors like that.  A fix for this
problem has been committed to the git repo and will be in the next
release, which should be out within a day or so.

	Cheers,

	Matthew