How to unlist a package

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 1 06:35:12 UTC 2016

On 01/04/2016 04:09, Olivier Nicole wrote:
> So how can I tell the package system that this very package is not
> installed anymore, but without doing a delete?

You can't do that by use of pkg(8) -- you'ld have to directly manipulate
the pkg database, which is not recommended.

The simplest way to achieve what you want would be to just:

   pkg delete clamav-unofficial-sigs

and then reinstall the developer version.  (Should work fine for this
port, but in general, this trick will fail if the package you're trying
to replace is a dependency of something else, as pkg(8) will reinstall
the apparently missing dependnecy on the next update.)

The best way of doing this would be to update the clamav-unofficial-sigs
port to install the developer version you prefer, and preferably submit
your changes so they can be committed to the ports.

	Cheers,

	Matthew