replacement for x11/xlogout?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Sep 28 14:49:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 08:30:47 -0400, owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org wrote:

> 	I note in this morning's updates that xlogout has been deleted.

What? Couldn't it be ported to use the latest Gtk 3, with
Unicode support, DBus integration and ALSA?! ;-)

> 	Is there an accepted replacement?  It may be "cruft from 1989",
> but it is _not_ useless.  (Unless, of course, I find something
> else.)

Use a program that's easy to exit. A "controlling xterm" is
possible, but an xclock window, xosview, xload or anything
else "simple" will do. Otherwise, use the exit function of
your preferred window manager or desktop environment (via
the last "exec" statement in ~/.xinitrc or ~/.xsession).
Maybe even ye olde xconsole program will work...

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany