10.2 graphics problem

Michael B. Eichorn ike at michaeleichorn.com
Fri Sep 18 16:20:32 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-09-18 at 07:33 -0600, Warren Block wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2015, Glenn English wrote:
>

> > I've got what I think is a first edition of the Handbook and the book
> > on the FreeBSD kernel. Is there a more recent release (on dead trees)
> > of the Handbook? I've got the 10.2 on my disk, and I spent a lot of
> > time this afternoon printing parts of it (I do better reading paper).
>
> There is a second edition of the Handbook, but it is also pretty old
> now.  The current version of the Handbook has had many updates and
> additions.  Besides the HTML version, there are PDF and other versions
> that are updated frequently:
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

In addition there are some other useful dead-tree media in:

If you are interested in how things work under the hood, there is an
academic textbook: "The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD
Operating System" (2nd Ed 2014).

For a bunch of how-to-get-things-done *BSD books the author Michael W.
Lucas is rather prolific.

Cheers.